2013 Buzzwords Vocab List
At the time of writing this (Fall 2013) these words are the latest buzzwords that pretentious people use to sound intelligent. Let me translate them for you:
- Responsive (adj) - (my favorite because there's no better word for it) Responsive means mobile-ready, or if you resize the browser then the elements on the page will respond by re-scaling with you
- Boilerplate code (n) - template code, the code used in many files. Example:
- Bootstrap (v) - to give a simple command for a complex program to build itself
- Full stack (adj) - This is used mostly in job searches, it's means both front-end and back-end code
- Framework (n) - I see this when people say "HTML framework", "JS framework", "CSS framework". What programming language are you mostly thinking about when writing or using a website? For me, it means the "logic" behind that language.
- "Going forward" (adj) - a classic but unnecessary phrase that will not go away. It is referring to going forward in time, the future, from now on. Since English already has future tense, there's never any need for it.
- Utilize (v) - longer version of the word "use"